Monday 15 October 2012

Paris Fashion Week 2012 - 2013

I wanted to start looking at head pieces as I feel that this is a very important accessory to most tribes. Typically, a tribe uses head pieces to show leadership or gender.

These designs are created by Manish Arora at Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013. I feel that although they are moving more towards the Indian style, the beads that they have used reminded me of the beads the young child is wearing from the Chimbu Tribe, yet worn in a different way. I also love how he has created a gold piece that sits just under the eyes, a bit like a mask.

Again, this is another piece created by Manish Arora. I know that it is not a head piece but i thought that the design was beautiful. I like how he has incorporated a piece that sits like a glove but looks more like a bracelet. Also, looking at the nail colour that has been chosen, is a very tribal muddy colour which would fit in well with my final piece.

This is a piece designed by Charlie Le Mindu for Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collection. I was really inspired by these head pieces as i can see that the photo on the left represents a snake. I thought that the makeup was very interesting too, with the thick dark eyebrows and dark lips.

This is another piece designed by Charlie Le Mindu for Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collection. I find this head piece very facinating as it appears very religious and ethnical. The whole look actually brings to mind the disney character, Aladdin!
I just wanted to add in a quick picture taken from the Disney animation film, Aladdin, as the Charlie Le Mindu Collection really inspired me too. Even looking at this picture, you can see the clothing and accessories have tribal related references to them - The beads and feather head and hair pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment