Thursday 4 October 2012

Mexican Day of the Dead Festival

I really loved the idea of the Chimbu Tribe Makeup and Styling which brought me to look at the Mexican Day of the Dead Festival.

I think this photograph is GORGOUS! I just love how they have incorporated skeletons into a beautiful and colourful piece of art. There is soo much fine detail within this design and it really stands out. It's clear that there is a religious and cultural thought brought into this piece.

In this photograph I really like how they have used different colours. Mexico is known for its wide use of bright colours and it really shows in these photos.I also think how they have painted the mouths is so simple, yet works so well!

This is my favourite photograph from the Mexican Festival. The colours they use work so well with the design. I have also noticed that a lot of the models have cob-webs painted on their faces - Maybe it means ageing? They also use many different accessories on the face and in the hair, including flowers, beads and sequins. This is another way of incorporating the Chimbu tribe into high fashion... Yet this time using COLOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment