Monday 21 January 2013

Face Template's for Editorial Look

I created this face template as I liked the scarring effect that the string gave. As you can see, there are three long pieces on the forehead and one shorter piece on each cheek. I really don't like the string on the forehead as it looks like wrinkles. I quite like the string on the cheeks. I thought i would keep the rest of the makeup looking quite natural. The hair is up in a Victorian Style Bun on the side with a fishtail plait wrapped around it.
For this face template, I removed the awful string on the forehead. Instead i drew in a thin monobrow, which i really like. Instead of using string on the cheeks, I thought i'd try rice. I added rice in a star shape in the centre of the forehead. Under the lips i drew a lentil in the centre with rice next to it. Again, I kept the rest of the makeup looking as natural as possible. When I look at this face template, I feel it looks a bit confusing with the different rice shapes on the face. The hair is up in a Victorian Style Bun in the centre with a normal plait wrapped around it.

As I liked the rice star shapes on the previous design, I decided to keep them, but add more! I also decided to keep the monobrow and thicken it slightly. Where I did like the string effect on the cheek I decided to add it into this design but I feel it looks a bit too much with the rice star shapes. Again, I wanted to keep the makeup looking more natural using earthy colours. The hair is up in a Victorian Style Bun in the centre with a normal plait wrapped around it.
For this face template, I went for something completely different to what I have previously been designing. I wanted to see what iot would look like if i added colour into the design. As i really like the rice star shapes, i decided to stick to them, but paint them on instead. This way I could use colour. In the design, I have painted red stars on the forehead and black stars on the cheek. I used a thin monobrow as i felt a thick one would overpower the design. I also painted red lips with a thick black line down the centre and applied red and black eyeshadow. The hair is up in a Victorian Style Bun on the side with a normal plait wrapped around it. I trialed this design in class, but I didn't like how flat it looked without using the rice. I also didn't like that there was a lot of colour going on as it took the natural look away.
For this design, I decided to go back to my original idea with the rice stars as this gave the best 3D scarification effect. I applied them just above the brow line. I ended up deciding on a thin monobrow to keep it simple. I decided on goinmg inbetween natural and bright with the eyeshadow by using an earthy purple colour. I used a very natural light brown lipcolour too. The hair is up in a Victorian Style Bun on the side with a normal plait wrapped around it.This is my favourite design so I will use this for my final shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment